Friday, September 18, 2009

The End - two days later ;)

Two days later

I ran out of the terminal and took a taxi cab to the Rent-a-Car. I paid the driver, rented a cheap red car, and put the pedal to the floor for the two and a half hour drive to Sidney’s.

I got there at 10 AM, and no one was home. . A million thoughts whirled inside my mind, most of them involving Sidney at a girl’s house. I felt about to vomit. I was too late.

Sidney’s point of view

I got back from my daily run, when my trainer Andy O’Brien said, “You’ve got a visitor!”
I whirled around to where he was pointing, and saw a figure sitting on my deck.
Not really in the mood to deal with a crazed fan, I groaned.
“Want me to stick around?” Andy offered. He’d witnessed nutty fans many times before.
“Nah, I’ll take care of it,” I said, “see you later.”
“Later dude.”
He sauntered off, and I started the walk towards the deck.

As I got closer, the figure stood up and started running to me. My breath hitched as I realized who it was.

Anna’s point of view

There he was. My heart started to pound. This was it. I felt nervous, but at the same time, I knew nothing was more right than this moment. I was meant to be here. And walking towards me now, was the man that I loved more than anyone else in the world, and the man who got to me like no other.

I got up and started to run. I couldn’t wait to be near him. As soon as he got closer, I flung myself into his arms and kissed him.

I kissed him. Fire consumed my whole body. I had never had a kiss like this before. I had never felt this way about a man before, maybe that was why. Anyway, our mouths melded together perfectly. I kissed Sidney Crosby right there in his backyard with every fiber of my being, our tongues tangling in the language that could be confused for nothing other than love.

When we broke apart, I entwined my fingers with his, still catching my breath.
“Sid, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I –” He cut me off, placing a finger on my lips.
“All that matters is you’re here now. But please, say it. I want to hear you say it.”
I smiled. I kissed every one of his fingers, and then looked up to meet his eyes, “Sidney Crosby, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.” The joy evident in his grin matched my own. My heart was pounding. He kissed me again, leaving me breathless, smiling, “My Pete. I love you.”
“How could I have been so stupid?” I whispered, my gaze not leaving his.
“How could WE have been so stupid?” He responded.
I shrugged, “Totally out of the ordinary for you.”
We both started to laugh, and he kissed me on the lips.
“I cannot believe you are here now,” he said, “You’re never allowed to leave. You better not want to leave.”
“Not me. I’m not going anywhere.”

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So glad that she went to him and told him she loved him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i loved it!! i hope you write another story soon because your an amazing writer and i love reading your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete